How much do struts cost

Asked by Sep 11, 2012 at 09:37 PM about the 1997 Buick Park Avenue Ultra FWD

For the strut itself $75 for one, if you purchase it. More if you have a shop installs it. You should replace in pairs. So for the total price you should add in the mechanics markup on the parts, install price, plus front end alignment.

I totally agree with Tom. I did a strut change on my daughter's car and I think I saved about $5 ... it is a job left to a suspension shop expert. Expect to pay about $150 for the struts plus get a four wheel alignment, not just the front end. FWD cars really require all four wheel to be aligned, and the Park Ave has adjustments galore at the rear end. You'll be much happier with the overall ride if you do it this way.

( for the rear ones) if you have the dyna ride type like i do which has the electric plug on top of the strut and leveling valves and a compressor to keep it at ride height, i am afraid like me you are in a bad way, they no longer make them with the plug they have you use an after market one install an old school air system ($15-$20) and unplug the compressor, but if you have traction control this will be disabled too when you disconnect the compressor so you have to make a toggle switch for the compressor itself and keep it turned off so you can have that plugged in ( mine is a 1995 and may be different but this is what i had to do to mine) i have been told new ones can be purchased at a dealer pre pay and please allow 8 weeks or longer for delivery $875 for a pair

In '97 Buick totally changed the Park Avenue ... it was a completely new car. Everything you say about a 95 is probably true but the 97-05 Park is very different. I had a 97 and now have an 04, plus I used to do technical training for Buick, so I know a few things about these cars.

how much would it cost to get my shocks replace on the front of my car its a 1998 buick lesabre

Wow, posting to a 3 year old thread. Shaw, most probably $500- $700. That would include parts, labor and alignment. Call a couple shops in your area for free estimates.

How much do it cost to put struts on 1995 Park avenue