My wife and i just bought a 93 buick park Ave for my step-son for school

Asked by Aug 13, 2014 at 11:35 PM about the 1993 Buick Park Avenue FWD

I started it up and drove it round the block and it died i thout it was the coil pack so we chage it out and nothing still would not start i let it set for about hour came back and it stared drove it home and it died agin and it would not start what do you think is wrong with it

Sounds like an ignition system failure. When it dies check for spark. If no spark it's most likely the ignition control module or the coil packs. Many times those components will work fine when cold. But as soon as they warm up they break down. HTH. -Jim

Best Answer Mark helpful

Just to add to what js,said check your fuel pressure all so,fuel pumps, act that way when they start going bad.

Are you getting any fault codes? One that says O2 sensor lean mixture means not enough fuel. Fuel pump is failing. If it is only going a block before stalling it really cannot be ignition because it is not hot. Engines don't get that hot going 1/3 of a mile. Either your fuel filter is plugged or the pump is on its last leg. GM fuel pumps are good for ten years or 130,000 miles then they die. Also since you replaced the coil packs and it still had the same issue that leads me away from ignition and toward fuel starvation.

Where is the ignition control module at is that under the dash

above steering wheel.

Thank ever one it was the coilpack

You're welcome, glad to help. Thank you for the best answer click. Glad you're back on the road! -Jim

Just to recap so we all learn ... you put a coil pack on and it didn't work so you put on another one? Is that right?

This car has 3 coil packs. Each coil pack fires 2 cylinders. HTH. -Jim

Sorry ... I thought you said you changed it out. I was thinking you changed all three coil packs at one time. That's why I ruled out ignition. So you changed one coil and it was one of the other two. Got it.