Having Problems with My 91 buick park avenue, it keeps cutting off but fires right back up and at times when I turn my steering wheel my dash lights goes dim or brightens, just the interior lights tho

Asked by Jan 06, 2017 at 04:43 PM about the 1991 Buick Park Avenue 4 Dr STD Sedan

Was checking to see if anyone has a solution or
has anyone had this problem and got it resolved

1,390

Not sure the two problems are related, but could be. I would first look at the steering column...turning the wheel could be shorting a wire and there are wires in the column. Your ignition sw module could be out of adjustment. The key is on the column and a link goes from the lock cylinder to the sw module on the bottom of the column. When in "run" the contacts may be just barely making and a bump or that bunch of keys on the keychain wiggle the switch and break the connection. An easy test would be to remove the ignition key from the keyring ....eliminating any extra weight....drive the car and see if the problem goes away