2005 Buick leSabre custom, Stalls at random. V6 3800.

5

Asked by Jan 06, 2017 at 02:50 AM about the 2005 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan FWD

Car runs beautifully but stalls at random, usually when stopped or as I slow to turn, but instantly can be restarted (usually before it stops rolling, I've Gotten very praticed). I can never get it to duplicate the problem to the mechanic. Sometimes I start it and drive to work no issues, others it stalls every stop or turn, and yet other days it stalls on some but not others. While I'm at driving speeds it will bogg down for a split second on occasion then pick right back up. There are no Check engine lights on or codes to be found. So far I've replaced, Plugs, wires, map sensor, idle air control, pcv, fuel pressure regulator and a few other parts I know I'm forgetting right now. I've been trying to figure this out for almost 2 years now. Has not gotten any worse, nor any better

24,005

You've spent 2 years like this? Why not take it to a mechanic? And get a new ignition module-

5

I've taken it to a few, paid a bunch of diagnostic fees. The problem is they have all sent it back saying it is all fine. Took it to a small local shop, a firestone location, and a dealership. The only shop it stalled for was the local shop. But he had no idea what would cause it. He had a few theories all of which have been replaced at this point. I have a few other cars I don't drive the Buick often even though I'd like to. So it hasn't been a high priority more of a tinkering project.

5

Ignition module ordered should be here this afternoon, I'll give it a shot

5

Ignition module replaced, thought this did the trick, but it stalled out again after about an hour of driving this time.

Greetings , if you haven't tried the fuel line may be clogged up . Had this happen to one of my Ford's years ago that sat for a long time . Took to a local guy and he figured it out . Love the LeSabre , one of the cars ever .

i had a vehicle that when it go up to normal temp or on a warm day it would stall and then wait a bit and start right back up, it turned out to be a Weak Vacuum line that would suck itself shut and the engine would stall, i replaced the vacuum line and it never did it again.