2004 Buick LeSabre Runs silent until 2,000 rpm or so then sounds like a diesel and has no power.

505

Asked by Jan 03, 2015 at 04:11 PM about the 2004 Buick LeSabre Custom

Car starts and runs silent.. Car runs fine until the rpms reach 2000 or above. after that
car begins to sound like a diesel engine, Cuts out, has no power, can maintain speed if
gas is pumped. Makes a "ticking noise when idling after it starts having issues.

Each coil gives spark, new plugs, wires, ECM, map sensor and housing. Crank shaft
position sensor as well..   Gives a code for ECM and Map sensor or vaccum leak.
Can't find leak with tradition method of carb cleaner. Pleanty of exhaust is coming out
of the tail pipe since it is 20 degrees here and i can see that very well.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

65,075

Sounds like a spun bearing. Have you been losing coolant? If so check the oil dipstick for a white milky "goop". If it's present the intake manifold gaskets have failed allowing coolant into the crankcase. These engines are notorious for that. The result, if let go, is engine damage in the form of a spun bearing. HTH. -Jim

505

No milky goop.. No oil or coolant loss. Takes 2,000 miles to loose 1/2 a quart of oil. Anything else it could be?

65,075

Exactly what trouble codes do you have? The numbers. For example: P0300. -Jim

110

the codes i have replaced the sensors and connectors for are as follows TPS, CSP, MAP, MAF, plugs wires coils and catalytic converter... once again i am just getting a TPS code.... the codes seem to be not fixable but I have got a new PCM. After going to two different shops this is what they have determined is now the problem. I have had it flashed and need to know the location of the PCM on this model.. i know the install procedure, i just need to find the location of the Module itself..

110

just to be clear i forgot my password and where i posted the first question and found it after thanks DIRTY_HAREY