Sputtering car what could it be?

Asked by Dec 09, 2015 at 03:28 PM about the 2003 Buick LeSabre Custom

Car was running fine going down the road all of a sudden it started sputtering
real bad so far I have replaced plugs,wires,o2 sensor, crankshaft sensor, fuel
filter , coils and module, still sputtering bad will start when cold but after that
car is hard or don't start please any help would be great , Thanks

56,705

I suspect a fuel delivery problem. Run a couple of tanks of gas with a good fuel system cleaner like Seafoam or Chevron Techron concentrate.

90,705

As it starts and runs cold but starts to fail when warm it could be a sensor sending the wrong signal at operational temps, I would suggest have a "live data" scan performed, that should tell you what sensor is out of specs. There may not even be a check engine light cause the ECM sees a signal that is within the proper range for operation, but incorrect for operational temps. I had an Impala in my shop that was doing something similar, it wound up being the ECT sensor, as it warmed up it would show that the engine was getting colder, really fouled up the way it would run warm. HTH

Thanks guys for responses will get scan and will let you know Thank You very much .

23,845

Make sure you don't have any vacuum leaks around the PCV valve too. If it looks plugged replace the PCV valve.

Hi guys car still sputtering does it when it's cold or hot like I said changed wires plugs crank sensor, cam sensor, vss, coils, module, could it be fuel pump?