My car started sputtering when I was driving and just died. I was told by the tow truck driver it could be the fuel filter so I changed that. Car started and when it warmed up it shut off.

10

Asked by May 25, 2014 at 09:23 AM about the 2003 Buick LeSabre Custom

Was told it could be the catlyletic
being clogged. Changed that also.
Still starts and shuts down when
warm. I don't want to keep guessing
and replacing parts. Can u help?

109,965

Is check engine light on? If so what are the codes?

Best Answer
21,975

no- don't keep guessing- take it to a good mechanic in a good garage- "good" meaning, they won't be guessing- maybe you can fix it yourself, but I don't know that- manufacturers stopped making cars that can be worked on by owners back in the 20th century-

10

No lights are on dash. The car don't overheat. I'm baffled. The problem with taking the car to a good garage that it will cost good money that I don't have. Hence the dyi

109,965

Does it start right up or turns over a lot before it starts? And when it goes dead can you start it right back up?

10

When it stalls it just cranks. It will start if u give it gas while starting but will stall after a min. With my foot on the gas.

109,965

If mine I would check fuel pressure at fuel rail. Auto zone will loan you the test equipment needed to do this. (You might have to put down a deposit to use it but when you return it you will get your money back) They should also be able to tell you what psi your fuel rail should be at.

30

I know it's late but it's your crankshaft or camshaft sensor. Easy fix.