Hi, I have a 2002 Buick Lesabre Limited with a SERVICE ENGINE LIGHT problem. Scan showed CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSER. Had the senser replaced, light came back on, before I got home. Had sen replaced

10

Asked by Jun 18, 2014 at 06:35 PM about the 2002 Buick LeSabre Limited

Had service engine soon light.  Scan showed CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR,  had sensor replaced, and light came back on before I got home. Had sensor replaced second time, light came on before I got home. Disconnected battery, light back on. Had scan reset two more times. Still have SERVICE ENGINE SOON light.

247,085

What is the four digit code you are getting? A code for a specific sensor, mean the sensor is detecting a problem, not that it is faulty.

10

Tom. Thanks for the answer. I don't know the code. The mechanic that installed the sensors didn't tell me the code. Then I had it read at Auto Zone, and then Advance Auto, neither of them told me the code. I'll go back and have it read again and get the code.

105

One thing you might try is disconnect the battery, wait 5 minutes and reconnect. If this does not help you have a problem.

My mom's got the same car. It's probably your PCM if you've had the sensor replaced twice and it still pops that code. A faulty PCM can shoot out all kinds of bad codes because the computer no longer recognizes the voltages it is receiving from the sensors as normal because the computer is no longer functioning properly. You can simply replace the PCM or to have the diagnosis confirmed you had to take it to a shop that can put it on a computer. NOT a handheld OBDII code reader, but an actual diagnostic computer that can do KOEO (key on engine on) diagnostics. This way they can see what the computer sees as the engine is running and see if the computer is blind to the sensor, indicating a bad PCM (powertrain control module).