General Motors refuses to replace the top dashboards that are separating before the passenger airbag deploys

785

Asked by Nov 30, 2010 at 09:13 PM about the 2002 Buick LeSabre Limited

Top Dashobaord Separating at Driver's side working its way to passenger side housing airbag.  Let's join forces folks and make GM  stand behind their product.

They WONT do nothing about it,their is already a long post here about the same problem.

60

I have a 2002 LeSabre.....same dash cover separation problem. I've read all the posts for 6 months and the facts are: Buick will do nothing, it can't be fixed and the cost to replace the cover is about $800. My solution is to find a way to make the cover look better by placing a shim between the cover edge and the slot where it slipped out of. I used 3 inch finishing nails. Push the point of the nail into the front edge (for about 1 inch), slide the nail to the right and jam it into the slot. I did this yesterday and the cover is down so I can see the bottom of the windshield and it looks so much better. I can live with it and the fix cost practically nothing.

10

I have the same problem on my 2000 LaSabre. It just started this summer (2011). I have owned Buicks since 1955 but this might be my last.

100

My dash is coming up too in front of driver side on 2002 Lesabre. My wife bought a 2002 Nissan Altima, close to same time as I bought the Buick, and said to me, " Honey, this is just poor workmanship, my Altima isnt having any problems like this." We both have over 100k miles and hers still looks brand new. I just bought a new vehicle and guess what? It definitely wasn't a GM product. If they wanted to keep GM customers loyalty they would have issued a recall on this.

100

Forgot to mention. Regulators for 3 electric windows went bad as well. Another item that should have been recalled. Goodbye GM.

10

I've investigated locally, and everyone tells me ,"learn to live with it." Any attempt to repair it, only renders it a worse eye-sore.(if possible) Who in their right mind would spend $800. on a 12 yr. old car with over 180,000 miles!

30

After reading the above post, I am now reluctant to attempt to fix the dash on my fathers 2002 Buick La Sabre . It only has 30,000 miles on it. I thought I could just take the dash out, use some liquid nails on it, tuck it in, and leave some heavy weights on it over night. The back windows were repaired twice. The last time he decided to have his repair guy block them from opening. GM needs to step up to the plate on these issues.

10

I have a 2002 Buick lesabre custom with 66,000 miles which I purchased new. The dashboard is pulling away from the windshield and now is separating the steering column. I am afraid that the airbags may deploy if it separates any more. Also, I had to replace the motors in both of my back windows. What can I do about this? I sent an email to NTSB and buick corporate office. Will they wait until someone is injured or killed to act?

20

I have a 2001 Buick lasabre and I also have the same problem now the air bag light comes on and dings 3 times while driving I had this checked and they can't tell me nothing about it but that the sensor could be going bad

15

A prime example on why to not buy from GM