why my lasaber keeps stalling

10

Asked by Apr 01, 2015 at 01:17 PM about the 2002 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan FWD

My LeSabre started having the tansmission skip when going down the road and then eventually it just started stalling and the start up again.  I replaced the spark plugs and then my mechanic instructor hooked it up to the computer tester and it showed MAF sensor needed replaced.  I replaced it and it worked fine, no more stalling put was still skipping in the transmission.  Now a week later from replacing the MAF the car just lost all powersteering and stalled out, restarted drove down the road  and parked then I tred to start it again and now it won't start at all.  Could it be the crankshaft sensor, my instructor said that wouldn't show up on the on the computer reading.  No check engine light comes on.  I am a student and can't afford to just guess and spend lots of money.  Is there a way to know for sure if it is the crankshaft?  I replaced the MAF sensor myself could I have forgotten something, do you have to reset the computer?

625

You can use a air duster to knock off the dust on the crank shaft pos. sensor. Try that first. It is behind the main pulley.. Fairly easy to replace and clean when necessary. Best of luck