2001 buick LeSabre Limited blower resistor

Asked by Jun 07, 2016 at 04:12 PM about the 2001 Buick LeSabre Limited Sedan FWD

I have a lot of hours on the net and in this car and I'm losing it. I cannot see where the blower resistor is or how to remove it. Every figure I find does not match what I have and the directions vary from under the hood to under the dash. Some say resistor easily seen to the left of the fan, others day it is in front of the fan. I THINK I see it on the interior side of the fan and above but I cannot see any screws/bolts and cannot get to it. Would very much appreciate some help from anyone who actually knows.

Ok, contrary to anything on the net, the best, faster and least hassle way to get to the blower motor resistor to test or replace it is after removing the glove box. There I found a constant hot lead to the resistor (module in this case) that was dead. With a factory wiring diagram, I traced the circuit back to the rear fuse panel under the back seat, where the fuse was good, but the wire on the load side had overheated, burned the fuse box internally and created an open circuit. Too many amps for the tiny terminal end on that lead that plugs into fuse panel. I wired my own by-pass circuit with beefed up wire, in line fuse and heavy connectors and the blower motor works great now. Factory manual only way to go. It will logically walk you through the proper way to diagnose your problem & factory wiring diagram a must. DO NOT TRUST ON-LINE ADVICE. (I wasted hours nd hours doing that)