2001 Buick Lesabre will start and run every time, runs great, but if it sits for about 20 mins or so it will not start back up. Any ideas?

30

Asked by Jul 26, 2014 at 02:17 PM about the 2001 Buick LeSabre Limited

It does start if we start it right back up We replaced the mass air flow sensor like the
computer said, do you think it could be a air fuel mix problem.

63,355

More than likely fuel,check fuel pressure,may be fuel pump going bad.

30

It will drive 50 miles from home to work no problem, it will start right back up. But if it sits for a few it will start but sputter out. then 3 hours or so later it will start and the same thing will happen. Also if I leave it running it wont die.

63,355

Still say fuel issue,fuel pump.s when they start going bad ,act bizzare,they run ,,then they die,cool off,run again,,check fuel pressure to prove this.

15

Had same exact problem on my 2002 Lesabre. My mechanic said it was fuel pump, i didn't believe him because it ran great when "cold", and only after sitting for 15-30 minutes after i shut it off it would not stay idling. I replaced all the sensors Mass Air Flow, Idle Air control Valve, Throttle position. None helped. He replaced the fuel pump and i haven't had a problem since. Put in Delco brand. Hope this helps, i know it is expensive, but i have piece of mind now.

My 1997 Lesabre had the same issues. It would start and run fine when the engine was cold, but when it was warmed up it didn't want to start and when it would start, it ran very rough. Our mechanic told us that the fuel pressure was weak and after he replaced the fuel pump, it has not acted up at all. We had the repair done about 6 months ago and it has not acted up once. It was not cheap to have it done, but it is a lot cheaper than getting another car. I do most of our repairs, but I won't mess with dropping fuel tanks.