2000 Buick lesabre

Asked by Mar 13, 2016 at 09:07 PM about the 2000 Buick LeSabre Limited Sedan FWD

When I start my lesabre up it starts
and runs until I cut it off, then won't
start until it seems like it cools off,
PLEASE HELP ME AND TELL ME
WHAT THE PROBLEM IS?

12,790

when was the last tune up?, assuming the tune up is up to par,, scan for codes, check for spark. also, test your fuel pressure. it has to be within certain specs for the car to start. after you have checked those things, you may want to have the injectors tested. I had a similar problem on an older chevy car, it would run fine but as soon as I turned it off I would have to wait an hour for it to start. It ended up being a bad injector.

faulty plug wires will leak when heated up. if over 100k miles, change them before spending money on more expensive endevuers.

Starter relay could be giving you problems, try changing it with another relay of the same type in the fuse box in the engine compartment, i have had issues with relay in the past and No One Could figure it out when i took it some where because when they looked at it it was fine or even if it did it to them they could not find an issue, so i went back to my roots and figured it out.

lol, i forgot the first thing you should try for starter issues like this in a vehicle with some miles on it,, after it Starts and you shut it off - if it won't start right back up - get a crescent wrench or small hammer and get under it and tap on the starter a few times all around it,, it could just be your starter old and the brushes are sticking, i had one and it did not do it all the time but i kept a small hammer with me because i did not have the available funds to change it at the time so i went 3 months like that, lol, the funniest time i was at the grocery store and a old lady next to me see me in car trying to start it and then i got out she said "Car acting up? on ya" i said no it just needs to get taught a lesson and with Hammer in hand and her watching me i opened hood because i could get to top of starter that way and banged on it a few times and then got back in car and started right up, LOL, the Look on her face was worth all the times i had to start the car this way..!!!!!