Battery or something more serious? What to do?
My Buick LaSabre had to be charged a couple of times and ran just fine. But this time,
when we jumped it, it started but took a while. It sat overnight, I started it this morning, it
was fine. This afternoon I tried it again but, it almost started but wouldn't hold the start.
Would it be the battery or something more serious?
Are you saying that it takes a really long time of cranking the engine over before it will fire up? Or are you saying the battery just gets weak and dies after a couple of times of starting the car?
A couple of times before it started up just fine. But, this time it took a long time to charge up. It charged and I drove the car around the block. This morning, it started up but it struggled. Then I tried again this afternoon and it would try but, then gradually would not even get juice.
I have never replaced the battery.
Could be battery, and/or alternator, and/or parasitic drain on battery.
Hmmm parasitic drain on battery? And, yes, it took a couple times,just didn't have enough juice to start. Then we let it charge for a while before it fired up. But struggled. It seemed like the battery was very dead, if it can get "VERY" DEAD! Deader than dead!?
I would replace the battery. Sounds like the battery is old an weak. Once you get the car started, drive to AutoZone and have them test your alternator. It should be putting out something close to 14 volts.
Looking for a Used LeSabre in your area?
CarGurus has 1,931 nationwide LeSabre listings starting at $1,588.
Search Buick LeSabre Questions
Buick LeSabre Experts
Related Models For Sale
Used Cars For Sale