rear door panel removal

20

Asked by Sep 10, 2010 at 03:38 PM about the 2000 Buick LeSabre Limited Sedan FWD

For a 2000 buick lesabre limited

8,015

plastic scraper, pry off plastic fasteners, ONE bolt to screw off around door handle plastic back, pop off power window switch.

20

Thanks for your reply. I found after many attemps to get the correct information to remove the rear door panel on a 2000 Buick Lesabre Limited that some of the information is incorrect. I got a nice picture display from BodyShopzone.com on a 2002 Buick with the same rear door panel and thought I had it made. Boy was I wrong. They show one screw under the door handle cover and then you can pop it off with the proper tool and lift up. For my 2000 lesabre Limited their is no screw and the only way I found to take it off is to pray the snap clips off and and pull hard to see what is holding the panel at the door handle. Thier is no way to release the bracket at the door handle so I had to break the bracket to get the panel off. The good news is I was able to fix the bracket by drilling holes is the plastic retainer and installing sheet metal screws to hold the bracket in place then you can lift up and remove the panel. Buick sure makes this a difficult task. I guess that is why the 2002 buicks have a screw instead of the bracket. When installing the window regulator I found it necessary to cut about 1/8 of a inch off the top mounting stud to install it. The top stud is to long and makes it almost impossible to install the regulator.

8,015

i'm glad u got it off. most GMs are the same.. i have done my 1989 riviera and 2002 chevy door speakers this way. i'm glad u posted a update, thanks. that helps when i do future work on dad's lucerne. :)