Starting problem on my 1999 Buick lesaber limited

10

Asked by Jul 23, 2016 at 08:30 AM about the 1999 Buick LeSabre Limited Sedan FWD

I have a 1999 Buick lesaber limited and it won't
fire. I can turn the key and the engine will continue
to turn but won't start. I bought all new coil packs
and I just got the spark plug wires I havnt put them
in yet but if this doesn't fix the problem what
should I check next. Need answers ASAP can't
afford to waste any more money.

245

Mcg check and listen for the fuel pump if it engauges ,if not check the fuel pump relay if not the relay the then the next best thing is to search for obd2 codes are that may be present, if codes are present then the main source for your no start issue lies among one of those codes and should be corrected,best of luck to you

50

It is highly unlikely that all the coils would have gone bad at the same time. I have a 2002 LeSabre and it had a bad ignition module, which is just under the coil packs - you might try that if the fuel pump is not the problem. You can check the ignition by pulling off one spark plug wire at a time and seeing if you get a spark when the plug is near a ground point and you turn over the motor. With only 3 coils, you only need to test one plug on each coil. If none show a spark, it's likely the ignition module or something that sends the signals it.

10

No one coil went bad but it's smarter to replace all instead of one. But I did test my coils to see if they work it seems Im not getting no spark. When I unplugged all my coil packs n tested the module it was reading it was getting power. Some one told me I could unplug my crank position sensor n it will start but they also have a Nissan Altima so I don't think it'll work on mine.

It's the security system