how to fix the horn in 99 Buick lesabre 4door custom

Asked by Jun 17, 2014 at 11:09 PM about the 1999 Buick LeSabre Custom

after parking my car, then turning ignition off, the horns startet blasting. I disconnected the horns on both sides under the hood. Hours later i reconnected them. There was no response. The horns are not working since 6 months. Shortly before all this happen the horn or airbag cover at the steeringwheel was super sensitive. The horn would go off at the slightest touch. what is the problem? Help

From your post,i would think to say you may have to change your horn swicth,in steering wheel,but,you may need to take it to a professional ,it has air bag and you don,t won,t to play with it.Take to a good mechanic,,good luck with it.

Best Answer
James Ramond

a horn is wired backwards, rather than sending 12 volts out to energize something ,the horn switch at steering wheel makes a ground connection of the wire that comes up the column center, if this wire is loose and touches any metal ground it will energize the horn. beep beep