I recently purchased a very well-kept 99 Lesabre Custom. would like to know if an outside temperature kit is available for it without alot of expense/trouble?

Asked by Nov 27, 2012 at 11:03 PM about the 1999 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan FWD

Custom are supposed to be identical to Limited, except for trim packages.  I have a 98 Limited and really enjoy the outside temp feature.

37,045

Lol not sure how it will do on the highway.

37,045

I was making my coffee, and the porch light came on and I looked outside. Saw the temp on one of these and then read this question about 2 minutes later and couldn't get that outside thermometer out of my head. As far as a kit goes I doubt there is an easy plug and play deal. Check the back of the hvac for a spot that has nothig plugged in and possible markings around it. If that doesn't pan out you can see about purchasing the stock hvac head unit for a 99 limited and also pickup and install the thermometer.

John you got me laughing out loud, thanks I needed that. There are aftermarket kits, if nowhere else an RV dealer sells them. They are not too much trouble, the sensor goes in front, where fresh air comes in, or maybe put it under the bumper, just away from any engine heat source. Then find a place to mount the gauge where it is sanitary looking, maybe under the dash on the left so you can see it, or even on top of the dash if you can secure it without damaging the plastic

37,045

I laughed for a good minute after picturing the one outside my kitchen window on the windshield of a car.