Possible Mods?

655

Asked by Sep 18, 2008 at 11:12 PM about the 1994 Buick LeSabre Custom

I want to put some performance parts on this car but there isn't alot out there. I've found Cold air intake Intake manifold Exhaust manifold, but very little else. Anyone have some advice?

30

Um yea dude, buy a new car. They make supercharged Buicks that are pretty fun to drive. Modding a buick is like polishing a turd, it may look nice, but it is still a turd afterall. No offense but just skip the modding, save up money and buy a car worth modding.

655

Don't respond if you're not going to be helpful.

185

u could try some mods to the engine difrent parts, change some stuff i disagree with the first guy. u have a fast buick thats diffrent. its not the same mustange u see all the time

10,485

You are going to be at quite a bit of a disadvantage. Not a popular platform for modding. There is not alot of aftermarket parts out for the series I. They did offer a bolt on supercharger in the bonnevilles in the series I. Maybe look at engine swap for a supercharged series II. Tons of performance mods there!

655

If I do an engine swap would it 1 be possible to switch to something alittle larger than a 3.8 (there's alot of room around my engine compared to other series I's I've had.) and 2 would I be sacrificing much on my fuel economy for a larger engine? The series I has an upgrade that esentially converts it to a series II I think. Then again I may be full of crap.

655

Thanks, I'm not expecting it to compete with the speed of the mustangs and camaros but having a luxury care that can get up and go when I need it to. If I get it built up I'll still need to figure out a way to get rid of the speed limiter.

50

I hate to burst your bubble, the LeSabre isn't the best car to mod, you could look on cardomain.com and talk to other buick owners, but if you want a performance luxury car, look into a used acura tsx or a volvo s60r, plenty of potential. Better yet if you wanna stick with Buick, get a GNX/ Grand National, those are nice. good luck.

655

I know it isn't the easiest to mod, that's kind the point of this question. I do appreciate the suggestions but I like my LeSabre, it's got a touch of class, so if I do anything it'll probably be a different engine like the 3800 series II.

465

i would absolutely love to see one of these converted to SBC/RWD. many, many cool points if you pull that off.

655

Thanks, atleast some of you guys are supportive.

3,235

the is rich a touch of class where do people come up with this stuff. its a buick...not even a cadillac at least. save your money buy a better car!

655

Save your time, write a better post!

3,235

why dont you save your money and time and buy better car

655

Because I like my car. If you don't like them fine, but you honestly arn't adding anything by posting.

105

Hey !!! I got the supercharger from a 3.8 bonneville, that could make your lesabre pretty quick!!! ive got the- blower, the fuel rails, and injectors, the MAF, the throttle body, and i got the computer!!! if you reply back ill shoot you my e mail--Joe

655

Awesome. The supercharger is for the series I right?

105

yea, its from a bonneville sse, 94 i think i found it in a scrapyard in a totaled car... ive had it a while... and never really cleaned it up much. still got grease from the bonneville on it...well if you would really like to have itid sell it pretty cheap.. just write back and ill shoot you my # ..... Joe

655

Sure. It's worth a try.

10,485

possible. Oldsmobile offered a fwd V8 around 2000-2003 in the Aroura. But personally I would stick with the 3.8 Series II supercharged engine for the swap because it has tons of aftermarket parts and it is pretty much a bullit proof engine. Running the supercharger on you engine now will run into a computer reprogramm problem, as nobody really deals with OBDI anymore. Not sure if a bonneville ssei donor computer would work. Let me know how it all works out for you. Oh, and ignore that idiot Fred, he is just upset because his parents stuck him driving a base model Lancer.

655

Yeah the reprogram is what I've been dreading.

175

i'll give ya this, remember anything is possible with a 3800, i got a little vision myself, sorry but not sharing , but i will push one to it's limit when i get the time and money let's just say that... i would stick with the supercharger, trust me you'll love it , slap that on, throw on a cold air intake, and they make headers, they are on a 86- 88 i believe 3.8 olds and buick , check the bone yards. they are factory too!! i had a 87 olds 98 but money got tight.. : ( had to sell it. good luck with the project , and don't be afraid to take on mid 90's mustang gt's i roasted a couple with a 95" lesabre limited , stock. peace out bro

655

Thanks man. If you get any further in your vision and care to tell I'd love to hear about it. I'm going to have to work on my reaction time before I really try to take anybody on.

175

ill give ya a lil about the vision 3800+ supercharger+ twin turbo and all block mods.... = something unbelievable i just gotta get the cash and the car

115

did you end up getting that super from that guy if so how did it work

655

He never responded. I'm tempted to just save my money and buy a superchargered 3800 series III though

The best thing to do is an engine swap to the same year buick regal or park avenue. Although the engine is not larger, you would now have a supercharger and many different mods. We are building a 2002 lesabre supercharged, chipped, cat back exhaust, injectors, and throttle body work. Just get ready for some cleaning if you are for real about your build.

i have a buick lesabre im going to put a series 3 in it the motor mounts tranny and computer is gone have to be changed maybe radiator and battery

10

i had a 97 olds arora about 6 years ago that was american race certified from the factory and it was sick olds stoped making the car in 2001 and i know own a 2000 buick lasabre custom that was used as an undercover police car and the only mod on the car is the police intercepter chip and it alone is impressive but not enough for my need for speed and i love the car and i just want to know if properly installed would it be safe to ru both twin turbo's and a supercharger and before anyone tells me to buy a new car or engine dont cause i have had rwd cars in the past with built up 350 small blocks and built up big blocks and it just ment more money for parts and i dont want what every body else is running

70

i have a 1997 buick lesabre custom with a gxp swapped motor and trans. for everyone who says this is a wrong car to modify, just the motor swap, camshaft, valvetrain, and putting customer free-flow dual exhaust, i was pushing 458 horsepower. now imagine this, in a front wheel drive, buick, thats meant for going to walmart and back. i made hands down the coolest sleeper ever. and funny thing is, i have minimal torque steer. the car is ready for a computer upgrade along with tuning, new chassis parts and a supercharger ive had for it since the day i swapped engines. now if you tell me im an idiot, ill say it back to you. ive run a gt500 shelby with the 355 supercharger. and ive beaten it. the lesabre is hands down the best platform to do a sleeper build as if you know where to look, its easy to find parts. you guys fail to know that the grand prixs, the rivieras, park avenues, impalas, lesabres, and even the regals are of w-body gm platforms. which means 90% of any car's parts can be interchanged. good luck to you. it takes time and effort but it was definetly worth it with mine.

Will a 2000 regal 3800 for in a 2002 lesabre

Will it fit I really need to know for I give my money a way I can't get it back so can u answer

Byron it might fit. Check to see if the engine mounts are the same. Same style engine should, since those cars use the same engine.

80

Dude I was just wanting to add turbo to my 02 LeSabre cuz it so clean.

80

I bought a 05 Mercury Grand Marquis with the handling package recently. Luxury and fun. Has dual exhaust increasing hp to 240 from 224 and 3.27 gear instead of 2.73 sway bars and this is all factory. The gears are a huge difference!

80

My 02 LeSabre is so clean though. I wanna send you a pic. And it's for sale. $5500.00 65k miles.

@ADAM....I got here by way of searching the web for modding my 1995 Buick LeSabre. My dream: an LS powered.....LS....I agree with your point. Im wanting to do this because no one does these mods.

look up ZZ Performance... also look up Upper Intake swap .. Ive currently installed 06 Lucerne aluminum intake w SC Throttle body w aluminum spacer on mine.. want to change headers, cooled trans oil pan ,

5

I have a 2001 LeSabre. I put a Super Weapon R Cold Air Intake on and removed the muffler and replaced with custom bent pipe from a pipe bending shop. Sounds good and increased mpg and a little more hp. I also installed American Racing Rims for the summer and looks classy. Also switched to Amsoil Signature synthetic oil.