My car goes dead while driving wait bout 5mins and it starts back up

Asked by Apr 25, 2017 at 11:06 PM about the 1992 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan FWD

And I just changed the fuel filter and it still does the same thing somebody‚Äč please tell me I'm a girl that no anything about cars

5,555

Hello, You need to find any codes if stored, at most retail auto parts outlets, or thru a trusted mechanic/independent shop... Maybe we can help more...If you find someone who knows/remembers these cars...that would be beneficial, and mention to the mechanic that these models were known for the crank sensor failure... That clue about the 5 minute time corresponds to this sensor more than a fuel pump, Ignition Module, and other common items, even simple tune-up items included. Good Luck Hope this Helps, ATM

2,095

I had a similar Buick, and it could be the crankshaft positioning Sensor, or the camshaft positioning sensor. My car died while driving....but I could shift to neutral...keep rolling, and restart while still rolling. That takes quickness, for when your car dies, its power steering is also difficult.

Best Answer Mark helpful
2,095

I would also check your battery cables, a simple and no cost item. My car a loose cable, and the car would die as well. That was a tough problem to locate....but simple to clean and tighten down. Car ran well after that. Hope this helps

Do you think it could be the fuel pump