I have a 1992 Buick Lesabre. My interior lights stay on when the doors are closed and the radio loses memory every time the door closes with the key on.

Asked by Apr 14, 2015 at 08:31 PM about the 1992 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan FWD

I noticed one day my interiors were staying on and the radio resets itself every time you
crank the car. The security light is dim but the seat belt light is bright and the chime is
annoying until you open the door and close it. Same goes with the glove box, if you open
it the radio resets. Please help.

Have your battery checked, it could be ready to fail, also check your cables, make sure they are clean and tight on both ends, you could also have corrosion inside the cables. A voltage drop test will tell you that.

If the ignition key or ignition itself is worn down , it will not send the proper signal to the main frame & will result in a malfunction which will leave your accessories on.