Where is the Ignition Module on a 1990 Buick LeSabre? The car jumps. We have replaced the Idle Arm Pulley, the harmonic balancer, the starter. Fuel pump is working fine, but I seen on this sight that someone mentioned the ignition module and to have it checked. The check engine light stays on. Someone suggested the cam sensor might be bad. How do i get codes off of this car with the tester? Please help

Asked by Sep 13, 2012 at 01:23 AM about the 1990 Buick LeSabre Limited Sedan

Car jumps now that we replaced the harmonic balancer.  Could it be a bad one?  The fuel pump has a psi of
around 40 when tested.  We also replaced the Idle Arm Pulley.  We don't know how to pull codes off to see what's
wrong.  The check engine light stays on. Noticed that someone suggested the ignition module

10,125

You can get the codes for GM cars fairly easily. Shown on the below is a picture of the connector pin terminals where you can get the GM OBD1 code. When you find this adapter connector (usually on the bottom left side of your dash panel) use a jumper wire or paper clip and connect terminals A and B. Next turn your key on but don't start. Watch your check engine flash the code/s. EXAMPLE: CODE 12: one long flash and two short flashes CODE 13: one long flash and 3 short flashes.

10,125

In regards to your question.. I am not entirely sure what your problem is. What is the car doing?

10,125

And the ignition module is the rectangle base that the coil packs sit on and hook into.

7,025

the ignition module is under where the sparkplugs hook on the coils. problems that may point to the module not functioning are.. misfiring of one or two cylinders.. power loss.. very rough idle.. raw gas in exhaust . ignition module can be checked by seeing if all the spark plugs fire. ---40psi on the fuel pump is normal. how bad is the jump? is it on shifting to drive or is it on idle? we need more info...