2003 buick century over heating

Asked by Jun 25, 2015 at 05:59 PM about the 2003 Buick Century Base

i have replaced thermostat and water pump and burped the new pump its still over heating
no obvious water leakes but the jug is empty every time it heats up

25

Thank you for your offer but I'm not interested . could give a good discount.

20,030

I am going to suggest something that a lot of people will disagree but it has worked for me and others I have recommended it to. Now what I am about to tell you to try it's not a permanent fix but it may hold you over long enough until you get the funds to do it right. It may not even work for you but 9 out of 10 people say it works. And one more thing if it does not work the first time do not continue to add more hoping it will work all that will do is clog up your cooling system. What you can try is ( Bars Leak Radiator And Cooling system Repair). Like I said no promises but it worked from me for 1 year now and still no leaks or clogged cooling system.

5

Sounds like a head gasket or cracked head. There is a very simple test to see if there is exhaust in the cooling system.Any garage can test it four you can purchase the kit at an auto parts store for around $60.00. A garage will charge you about the same price as the kit. Good luck with your car.

I had the same problem if you changed thermostat yourself you not going to want to hear this but you probably got a 195° and need 180° it will not get up to temp to open termo. up. get a fail safe 180° if not drill a 1/8 hole make sure gasket does not cover your hole you drilled

The most common problem seems to be the seal between the intake, and the top of the head which needs to be replaced I have the same problem. It'll leak in a very difficult place to identify, but it appears to be under the overflow tank oddly enough