how do I get fire on a 2002 buick century ?

30

Asked by machanic1203 Jul 04, 2013 at 10:02 AM about the 2002 Buick Century Limited Sedan FWD

we put a motor in a 2002 buick century it came out as a compleate power pack. just plug every thing in ! the motor was running when it got wrecked the 2005 motor pluged up fine.
dose the computer have issues whit the new motor and its electronic system ?
I used the 2005 motor harness to hook in to it the boss was the one who said its the same.  am just stumped on this one ?

Could be anti theft system. Make sure key is programmed to the new ECU

Insert your key into the ignition, turn it to the "On" position and wait for the security light to turn on. Wait 10 minutes for the light to turn off and cycle the key "Off" and then "On" again within one minute. Repeat the previous step again, waiting 10 minutes and then cycling the key a third time and the security light will turn on for another 10 minutes. Wait for the light to turn off for the third time and cycle the key back to "Off." Insert the key again and start the car to finish the programming sequence.

30

http://troubleshootmyvehicle.com/gm/3.1L-3.4L/how-to-test-a-no-start-condition-2

30

I used the 05 motor and wiring harness because the 02 was very dirty and I spent 1 day repairing it and retaping it I was pressed for tim on this one. I work i a junk yard that has hundreds of cars coming in ! I am alone here and it takes much time to take a compleate power pack apart and replace the wires and parts on newer motors . if the wireing is the problem then i'm out of it I repaired the harness in the 02 which got the 05 motor is security on? hmmm good one ! I haven check that ! I will do it and let you know. the batrie was taking out so it my be a problem ?

30

Ok I am checking the power side of the coils and icm both sides are ground ? The pink w red stripe is grounded ans the black with white stripe is grounded too ? hmmm do you think there is a problem there ? can I check this with power supply from my own power sourse whit iut hurting icm ?

30

the power supply is not getting fire at the fuse box where dose it get fire from ? alt., starter wire or fuse box ? can I just jump it and get it too fire ?

30

problem lies in the power supply to the fuse box no power no spark! I run a jumper wire to the # 25 fuse on the under hood fuse box and the motor 3.1 liter started up and run yea it started :) where dose this fuse get power from ? If I by pass the fuse can I do so with out problem ? where can I get wiring digram for this car ? do you gyes know ?