car running hot, radiator replaced, thermostat replaced, temp. sensor replaced, Now it still runs hot not as quickly but, none the less. Can anyone help?

10

Asked by Jun 28, 2016 at 07:32 PM about the 2001 Buick Century Limited

Buick Century Limited 2001.

72,415

Was the cooling system purged from air pockets when refilling? And are the fans working.

Best Answer
10

No, as it was explained I need to put the car on an incline nose facing slightly higher in the front because of the location of the radiator. Then from a cold start leave the radiator cap off and supposedly the radiator coolant will burp.Is that what you are talking about? The fans are working.

10

Oh yea it heats up in stop and go traffic faster than when I take it on the freeway. I have another question as well. When I disassembled the throttle body the part that you attach it to (maybe its called a housing part) there is a hole that appears to be clogged. I stuck a screw driver in the dirt on the part. Is that a clog or is that an electrical part inside the housing unit?

72,415

Good morning. Yes the burping process of the cooling system is what I was talking about. If you are running in 90° to 100° stop and go traffic, the engine will get warm verses driving down the highway where there is more air flow. One thing you should check is if the condition of the radiator fins, look to see that they are not bent over in a lot of places and that they are not plugged up with bugs from freeway driving. This would restrict air flow in hot heavy traffic. Now the throttle body, there is a idle air control valve on the front left side of the throttle body, that port does get plugged up, and needs to be cleaned out.

Replaced my radiator, filled it why it was running to burp, in the last 3 weeks it's been drinking coolent there's not a very big puddle where it most seems to be leaking, but it's right under where the back up radiator fluid would be held, is where there's always a small puddle, now assuming that it would be leaking more fluid whyll driving what could it be? I've looked under and the hoses are fine, help??