1992 Buick Century Brake line

Asked by Aug 07, 2014 at 06:39 PM about the 1992 Buick Century Custom Coupe

I was driving and as I turned I stepped on the brakes to come to a stop, I then heard a
loud bang and now every time I turn left and then brake I feel a severe shudder, if I turn
right and brake same shudder but not as severe. If i dont turn and I step on the brake
while driving straight it works fine. I looked underneath the car to see if there was
anything as I can also hear a metallic metal against metal but very faint if Im just driving
and underneath the car on the drivers front side liquid (I'm pretty sure brake fluid) is all
over about a foot in from the wheel. If Its not the brakes I would like to know before I
start replacing a bunch of random things.

247,265

Check first before you drive it anymore. If it's brake fluid, it could be a leaky hose. You should not have any shudder. Check all the components, the rotor, caliper , pads, hoses, brake fluid level, etc.