problem with 1990 buick century stalling out at the idle

Asked by justjen Jun 15, 2010 at 04:39 PM about the 1990 Buick Century Limited Sedan FWD

We have aquired a 1990 Buick Century limited with a 3.3L engine.  It started stalling out at the idle but only in the after noon.  We have replaced the O2, oil pressure, water pressure and crank sensors.  It ran great for all of five minutes and now its acting up.  Code is throwing a MAP sensor but there is not one on that car.  Could it be the TPS or the Idle Air?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

20

buick is famous for sensors and ignition modules going bad after 90,000 miles. I owned a '91 and had the same issues; now I own a '89... To beat the hi price of the ignition module, go to a reliable auto parts store and they can get one for you at $75; otherwise if your mechanic orders it, well above $300, not including labor, which puts you above $400... hope this helps! sanspeur15@yahoo.com

it has a map sensor,not sure of its location,i doubt the TPS or IAC is bad,you can remove the IAC and clesn it with carb cleaner.

70

My 98 Buick LeSabre has been stalling and I replaced crank sensor, Idol sensor, throttle sensor, and it didn't do the trick but when I replaced the FUEL REGULATOR it has solved my problem along with the hard starting when warm. Everything is now back to its old self quick starting and no stalling. Runs like a dream. Hope this will help someone.