1990 Buick Century wont start when hot

50

Asked by rubernck21 Sep 16, 2013 at 08:02 PM about the 1990 Buick Century Custom Sedan FWD

I have a 3.3L Buick Century Custom that will start and run fine for a while.  BUT, when I stop the car, and try to re-start it, it will turn over, but NOT catch on to actually run.  I have to let it set for atleast an hour, maybe more before I can start it up again.

I have replaced the following items in the last year (It was overheating, but I think I have that fixed):

Radiator & hoses
Thermostat
Water Pump
Radiator fan motor
Fuel Filter
Ignition Coils
Ignition Control Module
Spark Plugs & wires

Ive done the "holding the spark plug to a piece of metal and look for spark" test, and that's why I replaced the coils and ICM.  I don't see any error lights on the dashboard.  Other than not wanting to start when hot, it runs fine and smooth on the streets/highways.

(one note, last week, when I was driving to the vet to pick up my dog, I let the car run while I ran inside, came out, started to drive out the parking lot, and it died and would not re-start.  Since then I replaced the ICM, and it runs smoothly without wanting to drop out if I punch the gas)  I came back the next day, drove home fine.

50

I just changed out the Oxygen sensor, and so far it starts, but when I push on the gas, it dies...but I can still re-start the car...gotta be something in the fuel section of the car. Anybody? I don't want to think its the fuel pump, because that will be really hard to replace.