driver side power seat does not work the switch test ok also the brake pedal raise and lower does not work

130

Asked by Sep 07, 2014 at 09:46 PM about the 2005 Chrysler Town & Country Limited

35,395

How do you know that the switch work's? Is there power getting to it? Have you done the basics like check your fuses?

130

replaced switch and tested with a test light getting power to hot lead on switch when energized other less light up. the fuse panel looks good. the fuse box says there is only one fuse for power seats. the passenger side works fine also the heated seat does work on the drivers side also.

35,395

How many electric motors are there on the seat? And are the pedals on the same fuse?

130

there are 3 electric motors and a black box mounted under the seat. All fuses look great there are some black module's also ih the fuse panel i do not know what they serve. it seams wears that the pedal is on the same fuse panel and why does the power seat work on the passenger side. also the electric harness also has the electric to handle the heated seats.

35,395

Ok. There's 3 motors in the seat. It's unlikely that they are all bad. You have power to the switch. Are those little black boxes relays? Can you pull one out and see if it has 4 or 5 prongs on it? If that's the case, try switching the relays around. See if that makes a difference.

250

mine has power and actually moves forward and backward but only about a quarter inch. track jammed? all the way to the back of track.

90

I have had the exact same problem occur 2 times (left power seat does not work, but right seat does) - It is a battery connection problem. Although they may look clean and well connected, the battery post connections need to be removed cleaned and properly tighten. I used a mallet to insure the connectors are seated correctly before tightening it.

150

my Mini Van is doing the same I have a Chrysler Town and Country Touring, my power switch goes up and down but not forward or backward, I already went to Dodge Dealer ship and purchased a Mopar Power Seat Switch Part number 1- 56049433AE. Nothing happen no front or Back. I have power power seat switch I check it with a test light. I am lost I can only think that it is the motor. What do you think, I cant see it being the battery post. What else do you think?

90

I would temporarily disconnect and connect the battery and it should fix the problem. The relay for the power seat will get reset when the power is disconnected. Let me know if this fixes the problem..

210

The main van battery? I have drvr seat not leanin back, stuck straight up. Also won't move forward or back, however u can hear it tryin to do something when I press button. Are there batteries somewhere else?

210

Also the bottom part still moving...

210

Please help. I havnt the money to take to repair shop and have 2200 miles to go with two children. I don't know if I can make it sitting like this..

My Nissan Altima had a dime jammed in the track and kept the driver's seat from moving. Now my Quest driver's seat goes up and down, but not forward or backward. I'll check for another "jam" first; then check electrical.

30

Gatzman... I assume you have fixed your problem, so this answer is for posterity: I have a 2005 Town and Country. For a week or so, the passenger side power seat worked, but the driver's side did not. I discovered that they share a main in the fuse-box under the hood. Just for the heck of it, I pulled the fuse for about a minute - then put it back in. The driver's side power seat now works. I have no idea why, but it does. Thought this was worth sharing.

10

I am going back to General Motors-------------Chryslers are nothing but pretty JUNK