Tail light was blown both signal and brake lights were still working though changed the blown bulb now non of the lights work what went wrong

10

Asked by Feb 26, 2014 at 07:35 PM about the 2005 Chrysler Town & Country Base

Thought i might have blown a fuse when changing the bulb put a new on in but that did
not work

38,425

Did you check the fuses again? Sounds like you have an exposed wire or a pinched wire. Sounds like whatever made that bulb blow out, has now made everything blow out. If fuses are all good, check your ground wire. If that has fallen off, that would cause all of your lights to not work.

11,845

Make sure you are putting in the proper bulb. Check sockets for the bulbs for deterioration. If that happens the wires could touch internally and not work and blow fuses and such Good Luck

10

I put two new fuses in just found it odd that the other lights were working and you could see the light was blown it had a dark spot on it the only thing i did was change the bulb now nothing works all the other lights still work fine except for the rear right tail light signal and brake and the bulb i used is the one the owners manual said to put in it 3057

38,425

What I would do now is just take out the tail light again and have someone step on the brake pedal. Then I would start wiggling the wires around and see if the lights suddenly came on. The only other option is to take one of those 12 volt needle test lights and start going backwards from the light until you find power. Probably a bad ground wire.

50

I have a 2002 vw jetta and the tail light will not work but all other light work

50

I have brake light and signal light but on tail light

50

were would the ground wire be

38,425

Do you have that center brake light in the rear window?

10

my two tail lights went out but my all other lights work after i check the fuse and light bulb i replace the park light relay problem solved

5

I have a 2000 Chrysler Town and country, and after installing some KATUR LED tail lamps from Amazon, I had blown fuses and all sorts of other issues, like weird operation of the lamps etc. Guru57LY , I am going to try to take your advice and see if that will solve it. Now to find out what relay is the park lamp relay and go from there. THanks BRO! And Thanks CarGurus! - Imickey503