I have a 2000 Town and Country and the A/C works, the rear air blows very good, the front wont blow at all until you start driving and the faster you go the faster the air blows.

50

Asked by Apr 02, 2013 at 11:14 AM about the 2000 Chrysler Town & Country Limited

I'd change the cabin air filter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=290s_Unb95Y

this may not solve your problem, but your a/c will be fresh again, if you've had smokers in your car...etc.

I'm going to have to pull up an electrical schematic of your car to see if there are two blowers one at the front and one at the back, if there is one at the front and back, the speed control is what? single speed? HML?

50

My van has front and rear air. They each have controls. I am not sure if they are independent of each other or work off the same blower/relay, etc. I do know that the front wont run at all unless Im driving and the back a/c works regardless...Also, Im working on my car myself, im a student so I have to save money, so if you can be real descriptive so I can figure out what to do I would appreciate it.

Ok the rear has an 12v compressor,independent of the main a/c system the front or main system should work as the back one does,if its cool at best at idle and get cold once driving,or warms up at traffic lights,it needs vacuumed and recharged DO NOT ADD FRESH REFREGERANT ON TOP OF OLD. Refregerant that has been in the system for many cooling cycles turns into a gas rather than a liquid. Also prior to charging a new expansion block is recommended it contains a small filter enclosed in the xpan block.hope that helps.

Xpansion block is a silver block w in 1 inch of firewall a/c hoses will be connected directly to the xpan block. I really recomend you take your rig to a friend that knows a/c discharge proceedures, improper discharge is illegal for one and serious personal injury (frost bite) can result.