Grand voyager no cabin air flow

Asked by Nov 21, 2016 at 02:36 PM about the 1999 Chrysler Town & Country Limited

I have a 1999 grand voyager
The motor blower died
I replaced the blower motor
No cabin air pressure occurer afterwards
I replaced the blend door actuator
The blend door actuator works
I can hear the cabin doors open and close
When i hit the button to allow for circulation i can
hear it suction etc.
The motor blower fuse works as i can hear the fan
Working and i did check that and the fuse did break
and it was replaced.
I tried changing the wiring to make sure it works
and it only works one way.
I pull the blower motor out and when its out it
generates enough air pressure.
I put it back inside and mount it and than there is
no air pressure.
I ripped the car apart searching for the possibility
of a clogged vent but i am unsure where to look
and what to do and was unsuccessful in finding
the vents access to determine the possibility of a
blocked vent.

On a side not if  i turn my heater on it does work
after about an hour the inside becomes warm but
still no air pressure. My windows do fog up though.

7,395

Check to make sure fan wheel still has the flat spot as a keyway, it might've stripped and fan is not turning fast enough, it might be slipping on the motor shaft

I just replaced replaced the fan and blower motor. The fan is fine. You can hear air trying to come through the vents. You can hear the blend doors upon and close when you hit that button. Could a blocked heater core cause no air pressure to occur? I dont feel any heat seeping through except on the front two vebts just above stereo. I dont hear any hose leaks under the hood. I am about ready to tottaly take everything apart as i prety much already did. If so, coyld taking upart the fron dashboard be of any benefeit to solving this issue? There doesnt seem to be anything stuck in the vents. There is still no air coming from any vent. Could something be stuck internally? My next step is to flush the heater core. Just an fyi i did put radiator stop leak in my radiator along with k seal.

Hardly feel any heat and the ac doesnt seem to work either.

7,395

Heater core does not affect air flow. If the heater core is clogged up, you won't get hot air but still have ambient temperature air. Remove fan motor and turn it on while it's sitting outside to make sure it's blowing. Once you had verified blower is actually blowing, visually see that thew blend gate is actually opening. Don't assume anything cause it can become very froustrating

You might just be right about a blend gate not opening. Does anyone have a refrence with photos to as to show me where these blend gates/doors are located? (My first guess was where i placed the blower motor in which was located under the glove department on the passangers side. The most i found was that they could be located under the dash board. Which that to me means i would have to disconect the dashboard. I did manage to peak inside but i was still clueless as where i should be concentrating. Any photo refrence would help.

Here is where the blower motor was installed and that does work when i pull it out. Its when i out it back in that i can hear it running. The fan does regulate from low to high.

Again no ambient air pressure when installed. Has brand new blend door actuator and thats working. It sounds like a vacum begain held against your hand and then let go etc when i push the middle button that allows for dull circulation of air but still no air pressure.

I got to find that blend door gate, i suppose. Any photo refrence to help me locate this would be awesome. Thank you

7,395

Don't have photos but it's inside where the fan goes, Remove the fan and stick your hand and feel if it's opening, careful not to get ur firers caught,. It may be just stuck closed, turn it on by selecting defrost and push on it to see if it'll break loose. I'll search for some pictures or videos

Any luck on finding it? I reach my hand inside where i placed the blower motor and my hand hits nothing but air.

7,395

You mentioned above that it has a brand new blend actuator and it's working. What are you referring to? That's the actuator I'm talking about, you should be able to turn it manually when you remove the actuator. Try that

5

I just replaced the blower motor on the same kind of set up. It's not clear from your post whether you are able to hear the blower motor operate while installed. It is clear from your post that you can hear it when you take it out. If you are not hearing the motor while installed, make sure the motor is seated correctly and not obstructing movement of the fan. Next, with the access door to the motor removed, run the fan to confirm that it is not blowing down to the floor. Finally, make sure the access door to the blower motor is properly seated (can be difficult to seat because of the cross-member behind the glove box). If the access door is missing or not seated, you will not get cabin pressure.