99 town country won't crank in a.m. when very cold.

Asked by Jan 31, 2015 at 07:06 AM about the 1999 Chrysler Town & Country LX

Has all power lites, windows, radio. Just clicks when turning key. Later in day stars no
problem. This has been four days in row. Starter replaced did not fix. Help please.

4,505

you have to check to see if the solenoid wire is getting power to it ...the PCM controls the the ground for the control side of the starter relay.....either the PCM is not getting the key to start signal or it is and the PCM does not like the cold weather ...you have to check the starter relay for all powers and grounds when cold .....if its later in the day and warmer you can remove the PCM and stick it in the freezer for a couple of hours this will simulate cold weather conditions on the PCM and then plug it in to see if this makes the condition come back if it does you know your pcm is bad

10,960

yes, and if you are sure the connections are all good, have the battery load tested.