My oil light comes on whenever I come to a stop, but only after car has warmed up. Once I start going, it goes off. Oil is fine. Anyone know what could be causing this? 06 Sebring. I recently had oxygen sensor replaced.

95

Asked by Feb 05, 2013 at 11:09 AM about the 2006 Chrysler Sebring Touring

102,165

The oil pump runs off of the engine. When you stop, the engine slows down - maybe too much. Another part of the puzzle is that the engine is worn and oil flows through easier. You could increase the thickness of the oil by switching to 10W40.

X2

LOL

21,665

if your going for sensors go for pressure sensor, sometimes their weak,change oil if more than 7k miles since last change 5 -30 turns to 5

he location in the diagram that Drivefast1971 gave you is correct for all 2.7 engines. It's on the side of the engine block facing the firewall. It's most of the way up the back of the block. Look up in this area and you will see a metal heat shield bolted to the back of the block with three 15mm bolts. Remove this and you will see the oil sender. Check the diagram I'm sending you !!! click on the picture: Standard Engine 2.7L V6 Standard Transmission 4 Speed Automatic Cylinders 6 Horsepower @RPM 200@5800 Fuel Economy Cty/Hwy 21/28 Combined Fuel Economy 24 EPA Class Compact Number of Valves 24 Torque @RPM N/A Fuel Type System Gas Engine / Multi-Port Fuel Injected Turbo (Yes/No) No Overdrive Transmission Yes Battery Output N/A Compression 9.9:1 Displacement 2736/167 Bore X Stroke 3.38x3.09 Cruising Range 384 miles Final Drive Gear Ratio Opt N/A Power to Weight Ratio 17.1 Final Drive Ratio No Valves Configuration Dual Overhead Cam/Twin Overhead Cam Supercharged No Electric HorsePower RPM N/A Electric Torque Feet Per Pound N/A Electric Torque RPM N/A Electric HorsePower BHP N/A

I'm sorry I messed up my reply, answering two questions at once is a mistake, this is a 2.7 and they are all the same, The Oil Pressure Sensor is on the side of the engine, closest to the firewall: It's on the side of the engine block facing the firewall. It's most of the way up the back of the block. Look up in this area and you will see a metal heat shield bolted to the back of the block with three 15mm bolts. Remove this and you will see the oil sender. There are ways to check your oil pressure and working back at the fire wall is a pain especially if it's unnecessary.....????? So, where the arrow is, is correct,

well then delete the wrong one grasshopper, it can be done

I know quit a bit, but I don't know crap about that, you'll have to teach me and I need to talk to you about your one message but I have to run at the moment. I will be in touch, quick. You Mr. hang in there, get it??

Got it

Gotta go, you hang in there and read your email and just be cool brother...!

all i know in my dodge intrepid..it was a sign of a worn engine...tried the thicker oil and whhhoooosh!!! blown head gasket...this also contributed from clogged converters...I may buy another dodge but i know now to be sure to check those cat. converters!

70

my 04 sebring is doing the same thing. however,my car is shutting down while it's driving down the road..also,my oil light does the same, comes on when it comes to a stop. and my gas mileage is about 10-12 miles per gallon...anyone ?????? nobody will touch it, every mechanic says the motor is ready to blow....but other than that, it runs perfect, no noise in the engine at all

15

MY 2006 CHARGER IS DOING THE SAMETHING WHEN MY CAR WARMS UP THE OIL PRESSURE LIGHT START TO GO OFF, BUT WHEN IM DRIVING IT GOES OFF, ALREADY GOT THE OIL PRESSURE SWITCH DONE. ENGINE COOLANT HOUSER, AND NOW IM GETTING THE OIL PUMP HOPE THIS IS THE END TO ALL MY PROBLEMS

40

Cherienyree, Did changing the oil pump correct the problem? I am considering that move as well.