Windows are getting scratched when putting windows up

Asked by Aug 13, 2015 at 06:41 PM about the 2006 Chrysler Sebring Touring Convertible

I notice that my front passenger window is slow and getting
scratched as it goes up.  Now, it appears the drivers side is
doing it to.  What is going on?

65,835

Probably just needs some tender loven care, and some time. I would tear the door apart to get at the window tracks, and moving parts that operate the window. As far as the scratches, there is felt and rubber seal that the glass rides against that can collect dirt which needs to get cleaned out. Most of the time when a window is slow the tracks are loose and out of adjustment, or bent in worst case. Just have to see were the window is binding and adjust accordingly. The tracks are lined with a felt material, make sure they are clean also. Things to check before replacing the window motor, unless you can tell that it is bad.

880

if the scratches are a little bit everywhere on the windows, you might have an excessive amount of dust inside the door panel. No matter what, there is something inside the door panels causing the scratches and obstruction of the windows moto mechanism. Just remove the door panel and have a look of any foreign objects.. Also. Consider replacing the windows joints if excessive amount of dust is present.