Battery went dead, we jumped start it. Now the Mileage and the PRND3L light will not go out

Asked by Dec 01, 2013 at 08:37 PM about the 2006 Chrysler Sebring GTC

Battery went dead, we jumped start it. Now the Mileage and the PRND3L light will not go

did you "reverse jump" this car? sounds like....gonna have to meditate on what to do now~

the alternator still puttin out a steady 13.5 to 17 may want to put a voltmeter on that to find out may have blown the diodes of the alternator...cross yer fingers that you didn't~

no didn''t reverse jump it.

Are your interior lights affected? Thebody control module may be damaged.

no everything else is working good. I just check on it again and there is a number where the mileage is it is saying nobu5

it is saying no bu5

There is a communication problem between the instrument cluster and the main computer. This is an error code. There are so many possibilities it isn't funny. A loose connection, dirt, corrosion, damaged wire, module failure, etc. If the guages are all working, and the car runs, this is a good thing. When electronics fail to communicate, the vehicle can become unreliable, with stalling, failure to start, etc. being examples. I would check any wiring that may have been wiggled during the jump first, then have a diagnostic done at good garage. They may have a spare pcm to plug in to verify your units operation, these can run $100's, used units cheaper. Be careful with wiring, not to make things worse, and also be aware these systems control air bags and engine operation, as well as alarm, climate control, and so on- you don't need the air bags to deploy accidentally for example! Good luck to you.

Best Answer

Sparky222 thank you so much. I called a dealership today and they told me the same thing. I am going to take the car to a garage tomorrow. Everything is working. Car is running good, all gauges are working. I took the car out for a drive and it just done great. Again thank you so much.