A month or so ago we started hearing water gurgeling behind the driver dashboard. 2006 PT Cruiser. Temp guage would run up to HOT but when we would stop it was not really HOT and even as soon as it got to top of temp heat point it would ding and then immediately go back down. So, we had the thermastat changed and new radiator cap and thought it was fixed, however now it appears to be leaking water as we have to fill the radiator each morning prior to starting and now the oil lamp (looks like a oil can) has started beeping and when I checked the oil it looks foamy. Oh someone please tell me this is nothing major!...

Asked by May 15, 2015 at 08:48 PM about the 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring

90,355

Coolant loss along with milky colored oil or oil in the cooling system is not good. Have the engine block tested, it sure sounds like the head gasket has blown and the coolant in the oil is affecting the oil pressure. Do it quickly or you could be buying a new engine.