I have a 93 chevy lumina. The transmission fluid is completely full where I pour it in but when I check the dipstick it is empty. It seems to be clogged but im not sure exactly what to do. Please help

Asked by May 08, 2014 at 11:14 AM about the 1993 Chevrolet Lumina 4 Dr Euro Sedan

Are you checking it correctly? Any leaks? Car warm, car in parked on level surface, engine ON, open hood, remove dipstick, wipe with clean rag, reinsert and check level, should be between cross hatching, check both sides of the stick. Lower side is true level.

I re-checked it and it's still the same.

So why are you adding, are you doing a dump and fill? How do you know it is full?

Where I pour it in is full. There is no room to pour more into it. The dipstick says it's empty. The car is not shifting into gears like it should and it feels like the tranny is slipping. Im not sure how to do a dump and fill but I can learn if it will help me figure out what's wrong with my car.