my antennae was broken, i bought a new one and replaced it, my radio wont pick up signals

20

Asked by Apr 12, 2016 at 01:42 PM about the 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT

4,755

perhaps it was not installed correctly...these can be tricky, as the dash can become a "frankensien's monster" co-incidentally MY very own Nissan double-height cassette and disk and am/fm suddenly display quits~ was ok and would play a CD if you monkeyed around with it...to these things are unreliable~ ...so improper installation...if it's pickin' up stations...they did it right~ get a new one if it still is not workin' right!~

20

i got a new antennae... all i had to do was screw it back in place...but i still cannot receive signal.......nothing else seems to have been hurt when the antennae was broken.. it unscrewed from the housing in one complete piece..

20

the antennae was broken, not the radio

4,755

Funny my stations would NOT come in..I was ready to get a new double-height unit from the junkyard...was pissed and grabbed at it...THEN discovered that a suitable ground was NOT established and kinda jiggled around for a living...BUT cold nights established the lack of electrical connection...that truck is a frankensteins monster...kid pulled out the doorswitch and did amateur surgery on the electricals to put his BASS BASS pounding horrible bass...and Failed to do any oil changes~ so that was my story of the day...insufficient ground~

20

mr nueske - i see you are not understanding my question...maybe someone else can help?

4,755

I understand your question...and my answer is bad ground is at fault...replaced antenna....when doing so did not connect the ground~ geez, find a person who understands your question...if that ain't it~ this is no way to do business....in fact this job is volunteer~ FYI~ take it or leave it~