1993 Z34 No fuel

60

Asked by Aug 10, 2013 at 11:42 PM about the 1993 Chevrolet Lumina 2 Dr Z34 Coupe

I replaced the fuel pump, relay and fuse still no fuel?

6,795

Do you hear the fuel pump "kick on or hum" when you turn the key to "Key On, Engine Off" after letting in sit "Key Off" for at least 5 minutes ? Did you change the fuel filter lately ? Any chance you have started using "Ethanol" or a blend of, instead of regular blend gasoline lately ?

60

I installed a new filter with the fuel pump. I do not here the pump run at all. I have only been using regular gas. I am going to check the to see if I have power to the pump wiring harness today.

1,305

i believe your oil pressure sensor/switch is also the fuel pump switch..... when you turn the key on, before starting position, the oil pressure comes up, closes contacts within the oil sensor/switch, primes the fuel pump, and then allows you to start the car..... if the pressure doesn't come up, the fuel pump won't prime or run..... if the oil pump, oil pressure sensor, and/or fuel pump switch are bad, you won't get fuel pumpage... at least that's how mine operates on my '90 Lumina Euro 3.1/V6..... the oil pressure sensor/switch is located above and to the left of the starter, sort of a longish can, needs a special socket to remove, or drop the starter, and oil filter, and get at it with a pair of channelocks, big vice grips, like I do..... if you feel like replacing it, that is..... if your oil pressure guage is maxed out, that's also an indicator that the sensor is bad..... sometimes, being close to the starter, a wrench or something will arc across to the sensor can and burn a hole in it..... something to think about, before dropping your gas tank to play with the fuel pump.... take a look at your schematics to confirm what I just wrote..... i don't always know what I'm talkin' bout! .....cud be i'm giving you instructions about a '64 Merc or something.....

60

I have no power to the 20A FUEL/ECM or the fuel pump relay when cranking the engine. Any suggestions?

60

No power to 20 amp Fuel/ECM fuse. When I jump power to this fuse car runs. HELP!!