2007 Odyssey Clicking noise rear passenger side

Asked by May 21, 2013 at 06:25 PM about the 2007 Honda Odyssey 4 Dr EX

Whenever I start my van, I hear a clicking noise that lasts for 30 seconds, then stops.  Problem started about 3 weeks ago.  Always happens every time I start it, always lasts 30 seconds, doesn't matter whether radio or a/c is on or off, if the car is in gear or not, doesn't change when engine is revved up and is coming from the very rear part of the passenger side. I can't figure out what it is or how to fix it.  Is my van going to blow up or something?

could be the ABS powering up.....does it continue when pressure is finally realized?...if there is a leak in the ABS system, a warning light would come on...are there any warning lights on? do you have pneumatic suspension?

if a pneumatic suspension you could shimmy under the vehicle with a spray bottle full of soapy water, then inspect for evidence of a leak at the rubber/fitting connections~

29,855

Does the vehicle have rear air? As in air conditioning with vents for people in the back.

100

I have this same issue as well. Just started a week ago. Rapid clicking noise from the rear passenger side that lasts for 30 seconds or so. The rear air A/C is working fine and blowing.

80

Same issue. Clicking can be triggered immediately by turning off ignition, then back on again. In others words, after the clicking ceases, turn off ignition then on. Enjoy another 30 seconds of clicking.

sounds like a relay is on the fritz----pull and inspect to find the clicker~

80

I checked the relays in the passenger side fuse box and the engine compartment fuse box. My technique was to pull out a relay, turn on the ignition, then listen. The clicking persisted. I'll post again once I have more time to try other techniques. One thought is that it may be related to the rear passenger (very back) air bag.

here's a schematic...I think that it is yours....must look for identifiers...perhaps it is correct...could you see if it is?~

29,855

I would say its blend door actuator. Very common and sounds to me like what you are describing.

20

Did anybody fun out what is the problem and solution

20

*find out

80

In my case, the problem simply vanished. My troubleshooting led to nothing. Then a week or so later the noise stopped. Sorry I can't be any more help.

20

I had the same problem, but was able to narrow it down to the panel on the passenger side that contains the ac unit. I had taken my van to the dealership to get a recall taken care of, and I asked them to check it. I was told it was a fan on the rear a/c that was going bad. Tech told me it could go out the next day...next year....or 10 years from now. That was 2 summers ago. It has stopped clicking a few times, but a/c still has worked. BUT last week the clicking stopped. One day it was really warm and I tried to use my a/c and it would not work. Will have the freon checked to see if that is low...but if not....will need to replace the fan. Dealership said it was about a $250-$300 fix.

10

I had same problem but when I turned OFF rear power air in front panel. The sounds went away.

10

I have the same issue. Pulled fuses and played with rear ac. No change.

10

It is the rear a/c actuator I paid $115 and the dealer wanted $200 , very simple to repair. Open panel and remove and replace , dealer wanted over $300 dollars to do the work

10

From what I have read, it could be the purge solenoid for the fuel system. I am having mine checkd out tomorrow.