honda odyssey '07 door popping noise

Asked by Feb 22, 2010 at 07:16 PM about the 2007 Honda Odyssey 4 Dr LX

Our passenger side door is sometimes sticking and making a weird popping noise intermittently.  It has refused to close or open a few times and then will work.  I have a feeling my dealer will not address this unless it is physically broken.  Suggestions?

170

Did you ever figure this out? I have the same problem, and my van has been in and out of the shop many times, with the dealer never being able to figure it out. Very frustrating because other than that, we love the van.

10

The sticking might be due to lack of grease, the popping noise could be due to the door roller head. I own a 2005 and have had these problems with my van. could be the same issue with 2009. Good Luck.. keep this forum updated if you find out more info.

170

OK, the dealer finally figured it out. In looking at the invoice (which was covered by warrantee), the symptom was "drivers side sliding motor makes noise but won't pop open - happens intermittently". To solve it they "replaced drivers side sliding door release latch". Also there's an "actuator" on the parts list. Parts were $44.08 and labor was $298.70, again all covered by warrantee. It's been a few weeks now and is working like a champ. Finally!

1,005

i have seen the sliding door middle rollers break a lot on the odysseys. that can make them hard to close and not reach full latch position

10

I just had my 206 honda inspected for the same problem I was tld that my door rollers and possibly the actuator needs to be replaced. $228 (actuator and $229 for the center roller only . That was the dealer price . I am currently researching how can I fix this myself.

30

Our door actually fell off as have others. I am wondering how many people have actually had this problem.

20

We have been having the EXACT same problem for almost two years now. We have the extended warranty thank goodness. Have had it in for repair three times and they cannot figure it out -- they do a clean and lube everytime and it is usually better but not solved completely and then slowly gets worse again. it would be great to solve it once and for all. I am printing this thread out to give them next time we take back in.

170

For the record, mine has been working like a champ! (since I reported that it was fixed on Aug 24, 2010)

20

Mine had the same symptoms but it wasnt the actuator or rollers (or lack of grease). It was just the passenger side door. They took the door completely off and realigned it. That worked....for a while. Now both doors are doing it and we are past the extended warranty.

I have a 2007, same problem on the passenger door.. ..i have just come to the conclusion that they are poorly made vehicles, the costumer service is horrible, and they build these vehicles relying on parts and labor down the road. At least i am halfway literate when i comes to working on vehicles. I feel bad for anyone that has brought a Honda Odyssey!!

20

We have a Honda Odyssey 2006 and have all of these sliding door problems and more. Solution? Trade it as soon as you can for Jeep grand Cherokee or Audi Q7 or Porsche Cayenne or any other sport utility vehicle without sliding doors. \I can't wait