trunk won't open G6 convertable

Asked by Apr 16, 2010 at 12:24 PM about the 2007 Pontiac G6 GT Convertible

trunk push button release won't open trunk, or key fob.........HELP

70

did you find a fix? Mine is broken as well

130

the remotes are sometimes bad on those cars. its either the soldering that holds the battery clip or the buttons are worn out. Both very common but easy to fix. check out keylessfix.com for lots of advice on those gm remotes.

250

remove negative battery terminal connnection. wait 15 seconds, reattach. Trunk should open if you do not try to start car first. This is easier than jumping the relay

430

Check the trunk relay on the main fuse panel. Swap it with another one from another circuit just be sure to use one w/ the same number. I assume the button on the car isn't working. If true, fix that first before working on the fob. Chances are 2 things didn't fail at the same time.

10

I just chased down an identical problem. The wire to the release was broken under the plastic cover where the harness exits the deck lid into the trunk by the left hinge. If you can hear the relay click in the trunk fuse box when you press the release button but nothing happens, then you might want to check that.

After many Googles and tries, found this fix to work. Find the 20A fuse in the fuse block under the hood for the convertible top. It is marked "Conv" among other things and it is located at the top left when viewing the block from the front of vehicle. Remove that fuse. Disconnect the negative battery terminal for two minutes. Re-attach the negative battery terminal while continuing to leave the Conv fuse OUT. Use a key fob to open the trunk. Key fob not working? Here's a hack for that: Open up the key fob and set the rubber membrane aside. It is likely the failed part. Make sure you have a good battery, # Cr2032. On the circuit board, locate the 'spot' that represents the trunk release. Touch that spot with a penny or key to cause a short to activate that button.

70

My top goes down,but when I close it is say top is not secure on the message center,I cant open the trunk when I push the button on the door and it will not open trunk.does anyone have suggestions

50

I have the same situation Frank. Also when my top is retracted into the trunk, both my fob and door button open the trunk. But not when the top is up. Isn't there a place to insert the key to manually open the trunk?

10

Can anyone help!!!!!!! I need deck LED hinges....for 07 drop top..im in atlanta & can't find anywhere help please!!!!!! Kfoxx2014@gmail.com

So if you unplug the battery for 20 seconds and it works and after you close it back stop opening again?