Recently replaced battery/alternator and now starter makes no sounds and when key is being turned into cranking position my radio turns off stop attempting to start car radio turns on? Im out of ideas

Asked by Dec 21, 2014 at 12:32 PM about the 1993 Chevrolet Caprice LS Sedan RWD

5.0 tbi

345

Sounds to me like there is still one wire off on the starter I know you are sure you hooked them all back up but get in there with a light and I think you will find a wire tucked in some where

5,645

I'm thinking more like check the wire on the positive terminal of the starter solenoid and make sure part of it is not touching anything else causing it to ground out.

Well it started yesterday took her on a ten min drive to the store..and then had to leave it at store overnight because of my origional post..

5,645

I guess it might be worth checking the neutral safety switch because if it's acting up it will disable starting functions.

345

does it roll over at all like maybe very slow or is there nothing. If it does roll over slow, I would check the ground cables make sure they are all hooked up