i have a 1993 chevy caprice that sat up for about a year i ran some seafoam through it to clean it out and now it has a tapping sound to it and my oil presure is dropping when it heats up what could it be

Asked by Jul 25, 2013 at 12:39 PM about the 1993 Chevrolet Caprice Base

66,205

Do an oil change and hope it straightens out. If the crankcase is overfull the oil will foam and you'll lose pressure because the oil pump is sucking air. If the oil change doesn't solve the problems you most likely have worn crankshaft bearings. HTH. -Jim