I HAVE A 1998 BUICK LESABRE AND WHEN I SHUT IT OFF IT LEAKS SOMETHING ON PASSENGER SIDE, RADIATOR DOESNT LOOSE COOLANT AND IT DOESNT GET HOT ALL THE HOSES LOOK GOOD WHAT DO YOU THINK IT COULD BE BUT IF I FILL THE RESERVOIR UP IT DISSAPEARS SO I THINK IT COMES OUT OF THE SESERVIOR

Asked by Dec 10, 2015 at 06:38 PM about the 1998 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan FWD

5,375

Could be just the condensate from your AC unit. This is normal and needs no attention if is is just water (not coolant) and it is coming out just in front of the front passenger seat position. The cooling system reservoir is another issue. If there are no leaks, coolant will enter and leave the reservoir as the car heats up. The reservoir should remain partially filled all the time and never get empty. Check your coolant level with the engine cold both in the reservoir and in the radiator. The radiator should be up to the neck at the cap and the reservoir should be at the "FULL COLD" line. Add 50/50 coolant to water mixture if either needs it. The run the car up to temp and check the reservoir again BUT DO NO OPEN THE RADIATOR CAP. The reservoir should now be up to the "FULL HOT" line.

86,335

I suspect it is just condensation from your AC unit which is normal. Is it clear, clean water?

i think it is coolant, its kind of slick feeling do you think it could be a crack in my reservior? because it dont leak when my reservior in low. and my radiator is never low or car doesnt get hot

thanks mark