Can someone help me with my problem on my 93 camaro with lt1

20

Asked by Apr 29, 2015 at 08:45 PM about the 1993 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Coupe RWD

I have 93 camaro with the lt1 but has some mods done to it
someone  told me I need a chip because when it warms up it dies  
and kinda sluggish   this is what's been done to it new short block
rotating assembly cc 305 can long tub headers hardened push rods
stiffer valve springs 1.6 roller rockers 3 in exhaust

105,325

What kind of carburation? Are you still emission compliant?

20

All that is still stock fuel injected

20

I know I can smoke the new ford stang until it warms up then it starts idel high and tries to die I was told that all the mods that was done the computer isn't accepting it so I need to buy a chip so it will all work together smells like its running rich to

20

But that new 5.0 stang that they came out with last year is not crap on this Chevy lol

20

This is my toy

70,085

Yes ,need to boot up the ECM,it can,t handle the new header,s,and gas flow to the throttle body,this will cause it to flood out.

20

So thire is a chip in the box under the hood on passenger side by the fire wall? What type of chip would u recommend for what's all been done to it and the best and cheapest place to get one at I love the sound of the cam and the mods and the lop but its emberison when it dies on me lol

20

Is the chip a burnt chip. Or like a stage 2-3 jet chip

70,085

It is a stock chip if you have never changed it more than likely,you do not have to chip it,just go have it tuned to the car,most mechanic,s with the right scanner tunner can dial it up for you.

105,325

You might be better off to have the ECM reprocessed to match the equipment you have, the only drawback with that is you can't add any thing else without having it reprocessed all over again. You might look at Summit racing catalog to see what they have to offer, but anything you will need do electronic wise won't be cheap.

20

What would I ask the mechanic ? On on the chip do I need to the all them what all I have done to it ? Or could I just order a stageb2. Jet chip and put in it what would u recommend or talk to summit racing or jegs ?

20

Is it easy to change the chip that's in the ecm?

20

Here is my motor

20

.

20

.

20

.

20

.

20

.

20

.

20

.

20

.

105,325

It all depends on what kind of chip you get, some just hookup in between the ECM and the vehicle harness other require you to open the ECM case and solder in replacement IC chips.

20

Witch one would u do? I have about 5 g in the motor and trannie want to have a nice toy I can go out on a Sunday ride and if any fords wanted to try out run a Chevy then I can show them off. Want to complete restore it with little extras. To show the young kids. That I may be getting old but still can hang. Plus's have a looker lol. I already have a looker just by the way it sounds with the cam and 3 in exhaust. U think when I have it all re painted u think I should go back with that green and have the lt1. Strip all but back on witch rims u like best the back r 17. I got the others. Just can't deside what ones

20

Are they a way. To stiffen up the back. When u jump on it it squats down but the 17ib tires rub. They r 275/40/17

105,325

What kind of suspension mods have you put on already?

105,325

A QUADRA-LINK suspension with coilover shocks should do the trick.

105,325

I think I would talk with Summit, tell them what you have done and see if they can recommend a electronic mod pack or if modifying your ECM would be the way to go, I'm sure they have run into this in thier years of business.

Best Answer Mark helpful