Radiator

155

Asked by Mar 09, 2014 at 11:04 PM about the 1993 Chevrolet Blazer Silverado 4WD

Radiator is loosing fluid. I tried to track it but didn't see it coming from radiator or hoses. it is also loosing fluid when it is cold. The Radiator didn't seem to have oil in it, could it be the water pump.

111,135

Very possible. Look around the neck of the water pump. There is a small weep hole there. If you see any signs of coolant around that hole the pump needs to be replaced. To find the leak I would do a pressure test on the cooling system. Sometimes it's easier to find the leaks this way because the coolant wont evaporate off the engine. I find a small inspection mirror very helpful in finding some leaks.

10

I just had to do all hoses cap & radiator but also my "Radiator Mount Bushings" ended up being the unknown leak source. $24.99 each at O'Reillys. good luck Mine is 96 4.3 blazer

could be head gasket if there is no signs of a leak anywhere. check tail pipe for antifreeze / steam after driving and engine hot