Air/Heating System Stops Working Intermittently

Asked by Dec 17, 2015 at 03:45 PM about the 2006 Suzuki Forenza Base

For months, my air conditioning would just not work some days. When I say not work, I mean absolutely NOTHING happened. No air, hot or cold, at any speed low-high. Coming into Winter, it continues to do this, which is not handy on cold or rainy days and no defrost on my windshield. I had it to a mechanic, for a blower motor, assuming that is what it needed. The mechanic happened to get it on a day it was working, so he told me to bring it back when it does it again since it cannot be the blower motor if it works here & there. I do not want to take it back to the garage again for a guessing game, and lose more money. However, If I need to bite the huge monetary bullet of taking it to the dealer for repair, I will. Can anyone help point me in the right direction of what this is????

Mine is doing the same but just the heater fan...I'm starting with the switch on the dash checking for loose ground many little screws it would take much time at shop rates I cannot afford. Mechanics I have spoken with have suggested same so, her I go, will let you know...if it was a fuse it would just b off & not randomly come back on again!

As it snows here now I'm probably picking up a DC heater fan to use until it's fixed or until I have enough $ to hire somebody to fix it

Thanks for your input...wish me luck....