My alarm /tone for when I lock or unlock my doors with the remote quit working. Is their a fuse or something else to get it working again?

250

Asked by Jun 03, 2013 at 11:08 AM about the 2007 Nissan Murano SE AWD

7,295

hold the lock and unlock button together and hold until it honks to reset it. if it doesn't honk it might think a door is open or something as horn does not honk if a door is open.

Best Answer Mark helpful
250

Thanks. That worked!

7,295

good and if your auto windows ever stop going up automatically roll them down all the way then hold up all the way and hold them for 5 seconds after the click and that'll reset them to go auto up as well as down

250

Good to know. Thanks.

40

Wow!! Great information share you guy's.. very much appreciated!, BY ME..

30

Very good, it work in my murano 2011 Also fix the beep for the proximity lock. Thank you guys

Thank you so much!! Such an easy fix for a super annoying problem! :)

10

It works thanks!

Thank you so much! I thought I would have to go to the dealership to get this looked at but it worked!!1

Wow Robert! Thank you so much! It worked right away.

10

Thanks. For over a year my alarm tone stopped working. Tried this and it is working again

I have issue with my door light not working when I open any door the light still off ? Some one can help us.

40

I have Nissan Altima .The beep sound was not coming when you lock the car via remote key. I called the Nissam Motors customer service ,her advice was "take it to the dealer and they will diagnose the problem and tell you whats wrong with the key" a $125.cost for that. I went on internet ,came across this forum and wallah, took 2 seconds for the beep to work. .Thanks a million

100

I hear the honk when i reset/hold both buttons down but it still doesn't work. Also made sure all doors were closed. . Help!

20

It was 4 am in the morning and I couldn't stop wondering why my car stopped honking?????? I wasn't sleepy at all so I tried holding the lock and unlock button like they said too do and wallaaaaaaaa it worked thank u very much, good informationnnnn.

60

It works! I was almost certain I would have to take my car back to Nissan for months I've been without the sound. THANK YOU.

20

I was about to take my Rogue in and my husband was looking it to try and figure out why it stopped beeping when I remote lock it. Then I googled and this forum came up. We tried it and it worked!!! Awesome!!

20

So I have a 2000 Dodge durango and I tried this and it didn't work. Any other suggestions?

90

I have a 2014 Hyundai Sante Fe and my sound isn't working either. I've tried the holding of the lock and unlock button down together and have had no luck. :( any other suggestions?

10

thank you so much for your Help.... awesome....

Please can you help me with my nissan murano 2004 keyless car. I have used it for about 2 years now and it had never caused me any problem. It just happened today while at home after parking it and locked it with a remote after 4 hours i heard a noise coming from my car it was like an alarm but i never put alarm to my car. I took the key and go outside to see whats wrong. A car was open i think because after reaching there i pressed the lock button on my key but i heard a voice of rejecting locking. I opened the car it was open then i tried to switch it on, the car responded. I put it off and it responded. I tried to lock it with a remote it failed again. I decided to take the key from that remote and lock it manually it responded. And when i try to open it with a remote it works. And when i try to open with a remote does not work. I came to realise at the boot of the car i mean the back door there are lights which when you open the door the switch on automatically. And when u close the boot they go off automatically. I realised they are the source of problem when i close the boot they dont switch off they continue to be on and when i lock the car with a remote does not work. When i put them off manually and lock with a remote the car respond. When i put them on to become automatically on and off the car refuses to lock with a remote. So i decided to lock the car manually with a key because when i lock it automatically the lights does not go off. Please i need your helf if someone knows about this problem?! Thank you in advance.

5

@Robert. Thank you so much. Now my car has the beeping sound again. Is there anything else you can suggest? I have a 2008 versa & noticed that a lot of things stopped working. Like the window problem you mentioned. Now my back window won't go down. What do I do? Thanks in advance.

Pressing both the lock and unlock at the sametime for 2 seconds worked on my 2010 Murano too. Thanks.

THIS IS AWESOME! I was about to call the shop at NISSAN thinking I had a short or something. I found this answer and followed the simple steps of holding the lock and unlock button until it reset and Walla! thanks so much!

Worked on my wife's Murano. Great. Thank you.

50

I have a chevy traverse 2014 and I was messing with settings and disabled honk noise when I lock my car. I tried holding both lock and unlock buttons but haven't been successful. Any ideas? Thanks! ( I've gone back to settings but it doesn't come up now)

I have a Nissan Armada. The proximity control doesn't work. The horn doesn't work. Then, today the horn was blasting loudly, Windows automatically went done, and the locking door mechanism keep locking the doors every minute. What could be the problem?

40

I can hear when I lock it but no sound when I unlock it . I hold lock and unlock together till it reset ..after reset lock worked but still no sound after unlock . I use Nissan Sentra 2012 . Any help ? Thank you

Our Nissan lock beep quit working and we could not figure it out. No help from the manual. Decided to check internet. So glad we found this. It worked!!! Thanks so much. Will keep this site in favorites for any future problems.

Have any suggestions to get the alarm to stop going off? The only way I can get it to stop is to unplug the battery.

tried this and it worked thank you so much it's been out for at least 3 months. I even replaced the battery again thinking that might be the problem....again thank you so much....

Wow doing this for car alarm worked on my 2007 Murano! Thanks!

Worked for my 2008 Pathfinder as well. TY.

Worked for my 2008 Xterra as well. Thank you very much!

10

Hello, Beeping noise on my 2006 Toyota matrix does not work. I have a Viper alarm system. it locks and unlocks but no noise. Can someone please help me.

Thanks for the answer - it worked !

10

Holding the lock and unlock buttons on the keyfob for 2s, immediately worked for me on my 2012 Altima

Thanks...this worked for my 2017 Nissan Sentra...held both buttons down for 5 seconds and it reset automatically...you guys rock!!

Thanks! I will try it tomorrow.

Great advise thank you so much, this worked for my Nissan frontier. Appreciate you sharing that with everyone.

This worked for my 2014 Juke just now!!! Thanks!!!

Worked...Thanks

Thank you so much I did it and it works this saved me a trip to the Dnv. June.2018

Worked!!! Now I'm gonna call the dealership just to see what they say.

10

I have a 2010 Versa, I can hear the lock click to lock or unlock. I dont care if horn doesnt honk. It sounds when someone tries to open the doors. No sound when locking keeps anyone in a parking lot from jamming the system. Manual locking works fine.

My beep sound stop working over a year ago. I refused to take it to the dealership because I knew they were going to rip me off over this little sound alert. I'm glad I finally google to see if I could get answers and happy I ran into this because it worked. I stop working to go out to my car for this lol

Lifesaver!!! I've been trying to figure this out for months!

Lifesaver!!! I've been trying to figure this out for months!!!

My nissan rogue 2009 s awd it hace the rear door lock and it dosent want to unlock it every other door got unluck went i hit the botton but i dont have remote controler for csr it honk eventualy and i just put the ignition key and stop.in a wile what i can do for this back door

Thanks a lot. It really does work on my murano.

10

I have 2011 murano I and the horn never beeped when I locked it I tried what the first guy said about holding down the lock and unlock buttons at the same time and I'll be darned it worked. I love my car but didn't want to pay a dealership to do that. Thank you very much that's great info