My alarm /tone for when I lock or unlock my doors with the remote quit working. Is their a fuse or something else to get it working again?

Asked by Jun 03, 2013 at 11:08 AM about the 2007 Nissan Murano SE AWD

Robert Lavallee

hold the lock and unlock button together and hold until it honks to reset it. if it doesn't honk it might think a door is open or something as horn does not honk if a door is open.

Best Answer

Thanks. That worked!

Robert Lavallee

good and if your auto windows ever stop going up automatically roll them down all the way then hold up all the way and hold them for 5 seconds after the click and that'll reset them to go auto up as well as down

Good to know. Thanks.

Ramiro Serrano

Wow!! Great information share you guy's.. very much appreciated!, BY ME..

Very good, it work in my murano 2011 Also fix the beep for the proximity lock. Thank you guys

Thank you so much!! Such an easy fix for a super annoying problem! :)

Louis Jean

It works thanks!

Carina Lindsey

Thank you so much! I thought I would have to go to the dealership to get this looked at but it worked!!1

Clare Wahinya

Wow Robert! Thank you so much! It worked right away.

Gloria Cortez

Thanks. For over a year my alarm tone stopped working. Tried this and it is working again

I have issue with my door light not working when I open any door the light still off ? Some one can help us.

I have Nissan Altima .The beep sound was not coming when you lock the car via remote key. I called the Nissam Motors customer service ,her advice was "take it to the dealer and they will diagnose the problem and tell you whats wrong with the key" a $125.cost for that. I went on internet ,came across this forum and wallah, took 2 seconds for the beep to work. .Thanks a million

I hear the honk when i reset/hold both buttons down but it still doesn't work. Also made sure all doors were closed. . Help!

It was 4 am in the morning and I couldn't stop wondering why my car stopped honking?????? I wasn't sleepy at all so I tried holding the lock and unlock button like they said too do and wallaaaaaaaa it worked thank u very much, good informationnnnn.

Delphin Thomas

It works! I was almost certain I would have to take my car back to Nissan for months I've been without the sound. THANK YOU.

England Fletcher-Reyes

I was about to take my Rogue in and my husband was looking it to try and figure out why it stopped beeping when I remote lock it. Then I googled and this forum came up. We tried it and it worked!!! Awesome!!

So I have a 2000 Dodge durango and I tried this and it didn't work. Any other suggestions?

Jerrell Hawthorne

I have a 2014 Hyundai Sante Fe and my sound isn't working either. I've tried the holding of the lock and unlock button down together and have had no luck. :( any other suggestions?

Margaret Valentine

thank you so much for your Help.... awesome....

Evelyne Shibandiko

Please can you help me with my nissan murano 2004 keyless car. I have used it for about 2 years now and it had never caused me any problem. It just happened today while at home after parking it and locked it with a remote after 4 hours i heard a noise coming from my car it was like an alarm but i never put alarm to my car. I took the key and go outside to see whats wrong. A car was open i think because after reaching there i pressed the lock button on my key but i heard a voice of rejecting locking. I opened the car it was open then i tried to switch it on, the car responded. I put it off and it responded. I tried to lock it with a remote it failed again. I decided to take the key from that remote and lock it manually it responded. And when i try to open it with a remote it works. And when i try to open with a remote does not work. I came to realise at the boot of the car i mean the back door there are lights which when you open the door the switch on automatically. And when u close the boot they go off automatically. I realised they are the source of problem when i close the boot they dont switch off they continue to be on and when i lock the car with a remote does not work. When i put them off manually and lock with a remote the car respond. When i put them on to become automatically on and off the car refuses to lock with a remote. So i decided to lock the car manually with a key because when i lock it automatically the lights does not go off. Please i need your helf if someone knows about this problem?! Thank you in advance.

@Robert. Thank you so much. Now my car has the beeping sound again. Is there anything else you can suggest? I have a 2008 versa & noticed that a lot of things stopped working. Like the window problem you mentioned. Now my back window won't go down. What do I do? Thanks in advance.

Pressing both the lock and unlock at the sametime for 2 seconds worked on my 2010 Murano too. Thanks.

THIS IS AWESOME! I was about to call the shop at NISSAN thinking I had a short or something. I found this answer and followed the simple steps of holding the lock and unlock button until it reset and Walla! thanks so much!

Vernon Taylor

Worked on my wife's Murano. Great. Thank you.

Yaisa Leal

I have a chevy traverse 2014 and I was messing with settings and disabled honk noise when I lock my car. I tried holding both lock and unlock buttons but haven't been successful. Any ideas? Thanks! ( I've gone back to settings but it doesn't come up now)

I have a Nissan Armada. The proximity control doesn't work. The horn doesn't work. Then, today the horn was blasting loudly, Windows automatically went done, and the locking door mechanism keep locking the doors every minute. What could be the problem?